Whoop! Group email time!
I realize that I forgot to send pictures last week... whoops. I'll get on that today!
This week has been CRAZY. We were planned down to the minute every day. I barely even remember which day was which, and they were all so jam packed, I won't give you a rundown of my week. I will, however, share my favorite moment.
We've been teaching this guy named M___, and he grew up Muslim, but has a strong desire to be Christian. He says he's seen how Christians act and want to know what it is that makes them such good people. He didn't know a lot about Jesus Christ, so we started there. This week, he brought a friend along. His friend explained to us that he is Muslim, he doesn't believe in Christ, but he's here to support M___ because they're really good friends. We decided to talk about the Atonement. We read in the Book of Mormon, Alma 36:6-21. I won't go too much into detail due to time, but long story short, as we read those verses, I bore my testimony of Christ and the Atonement. The room was quiet and the Holy Ghost was SO present, I had goosebumps. After some explaining, reading, and telling them why I believe in Christ, I asked M___and his friend what they thought. M___ sat quietly, pondering our question. His friend, however, spoke up after a pause. He said "You know... I believe... I know that Christ is my redeemer. He's our savior. I can feel it. There's something inside me telling me it's right. I can't deny it."
THAT, my friends, is the power of the Holy Ghost. THAT is how every person on this planet can find out for themselves if Christ is their savior. I want to be clear that I do not convert people here. I only help them understand and learn. I can tell you all that I know that everything I teach-- the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father's plan for our eternal salvation, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, EVERYTHING-- is true. And how do I know that? Because something inside of me has confirmed it in my heart. I cannot deny it. I cannot say that God doesn't exist, because I see and feel His blessing on a daily basis. I cannot say that Jesus Christ isn't our redeemer, because I myself have truly been changed because of His sacrifice. If you compare who I was 4, 2, or even 1 year ago to who I am now, you'd see a different person. Some of that came with age and maturity, but some of it also came because I wanted to change. I wanted to become a better person. I knew what Heavenly Father had in store for me and I wanted it. I wanted it so badly that I willingly changed my whole life. I had to show that I wanted it. I left things behind. I changed my actions and my thoughts, and through the Grace of God, my heart was also changed.
I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to want change. If you want change in your life, if you want to become a better person, if you want to see and feel the blessing that your Heavenly Father is anxiously waiting to give you, you have to show it. You have to try. And I mean, think about it! It makes sense! If you sit there in bed and think "Aw man, I just really want some ice cream right now" sitting there and wishing for it isn't going to do squat. You have to act, you have to move, you have to try. So if you want change in your life, go get it. Seek the happiness. Show God that you want it, and I promise, you'll find it.
Now I must say, I think I just lectured myself a little bit in that paragraph. I need to be a better missionary. I need to be able to talk with and teach people. I need to help others find the joy that I have in my life. I need to find people who are feeling the same pains I have felt, because I have gotten through them and I know I can help them get through it as well. The thing is, I haven't been trying hard enough. I make excuses. I give up some nights. I let myself get distracted. I let my anxieties and fears tell me that I can't do this. I have to try harder. I have to show God that I'm willing to become what he wants me to. I have to want it. So I'm promising all of you right now: I'm going to change. I'm going to keep these 3 points of want, show, and try in my mind. Maybe I'll post it on my mirror, or write it and post it on the fridge, but I'm making this decision right now to change, and it's about time. I've been out here for 2 months.
I challenge you to do the same. Find something in your life you need to improve. Want the change. Show that you want it. Try. Work for it. Ask God for help, and you'll get it.
I want to make something clear with you right now. Any fear, doubt, discouragement, frustration, anger, sadness, worthlessness and loneliness you may feel comes directly from Satan. That might sound a little naive, but think about it. I promise it makes sense. God wants you to be happy. Satan does not. Satan is an unhappy creature, and misery loves company. He wants to bring you down to his level. Don't let him. You are in control of you. If you are having trouble with these feelings, seek the help of the Lord. That's why we have Him. Use that to your advantage. Pray. God will never withold His feelings of love from his Children, just as a Father would never withold comfort from his crying child. God loves you. I know it. I feel it.
I will attach some pictures in a reply and leave you with that.
Have a great week :)
Love,
Sister Sally Priest
| Sisters and Elders |
| The sun is in her eyes - but I like this one anyway. :D |
| At the RitterSport store on P-Day |
No comments:
Post a Comment