Hallo, all! I hope you've all had a great week!
A little summary for this week --
Monday, we just kind of chilled for the day. It was our free day, and I think we all went to bed early. I don't remember, honestly.
Tu
esday, we went up to Stuttgart for a Zone Meeting. All the missionaries in our zone were there. We had some good lessons (One of which I helped teach!) and we did a finding activity afterwards.
Wednesday....I have no idea what happened. Work. Lessons. Busses. Trains. Food. Work. Yup.
Thursday was a fun day. We went with a lady in our ward to this castle/fortress thing (no one knows which one it is --it's a bit too destroyed) for her birthday! She's from the Phillipines and speaks English (THANK GOODNESS hahaha) and she made us food (A REAL MEAL, YOU GUYS!!) It was a fun day, and I got some good pictures out of it. :)
Friday....I don't remember much of what we did that day, either. Probably very similar to Wednesday.
OH WAIT, just kidding, I remember now. We had gotten a phone call saying that there was a woman who wanted to meet with us. She lived a little out of the way, and since she's a referral, we had 2 Elders with us. We got horribly lost for a good hour in this wheat filed. The town we were in was completely desolate--not a soul in sight. We felt like we were in a Walking Dead scene and that walkers were about to start coming out of the field or something.
Saturday was another normal day of meetings and busses.
Sunday was cool though. We had a small success story. Some backstory: We've been meeting with a man whose wife is an active member. He is not a member, and he has no interest. We've been meeting with his wife, and he will stay for conversation and dinner, but he leaves during the spiritual thought. I haven't actually been in a lesson with his wife yet - she's been in Finland for the past few weeks with their kids. He's been alone at home. His German is about as good as mine, so he doesn't have many friends here. We've been trying to go by about once a week. He likes to cook for us and have conversations, so that's what we do. his wife and kids came home this past week, and he came to church for the first time in 7 years. Now here's our miracle of the day: We had asked someone to teach the English Speaking Sunday School, but he got sick, and found his own substitute--a man who is an actual expert on the scriptures. He teaches university classes and lectures on the doctrine and history of the Bible. In doing this, he also has some really in-depth knowledge of the Book of Mormon as well. Long story short, this man's first Sunday in church in 7 years was a very good experience, because he's a very intellectual man and this teacher was able to answer a lot of his questions. We have high hopes. :)
So since I'm kind of on the topic of the Book of Mormon, I'd like to discuss one of my favorite chapters. If someone were to tell me "I'll read one chapter of the Book of Mormon, and then I'll decided if I want to read the whole thing, based on that chapter" I'd respond by saying "Well , that's a real shame." Then I'd have to do some digging, praying, and pondering to figure out which chapter would be good for that person. One of the main chapters that would come to mind, however , would be 2 Nephi 9. This chapter outlines God's plan for us. It answers questions such as "Why are we here?" "What is our purpose on Earth?" "What lies beyond this life?" and many more. It's full of rejoicing for our glorious Heavenly Father, and it describes His love and plan for us. We call this plan the "Plan of Salvation". This chapter is harsh at times, crying "Wo" unto the persecutors, the deaf of the gospel and the blind of the evidences of Christ, the liars and the murderers those who worship idols and devils, and "wo unto all those who die in their sins" (verse 38) . However, right after that, it offers the knowledge that Christ has paid for our sins. He has felt our iniquities and our turmoils and through him, we can return to the presence of our Heavenly Father.
I'd like to remind you all that we have a God above. He loves each and every one of us. We are His children. He has made it possible to return to Him in glory and happiness forever. I know that this gospel of Jesus Christ that I share with people on a daily basis is true. I know that God has made it possible to come back to Him, no matter how far we may have strayed. I know that this gospel brings nothing but joy, comfort, and everlasting peace to the soul.
I love you all.
Bis nexte Woche
Mit Liebt,
Sister Sally Priest
Love the little reminders in this post that God is aware of each of us - especially in the Sunday school story:)
ReplyDelete