Monday, March 9, 2015

9 March 2015




Hello all! Guten Tag :)

This week has been insane! We've been packed with meetings and traveling and lessons.  We went up to Munich on Thursday for a Mission Leadership Council (since I'm paired with sister training leaders), stayed overnight, and came home the next day.  On Saturday, we made a last minute trip up to Stuttgart for stake conference, and we stayed there until Sunday afternoon.  Lots of trains were ridden this week.  Our area is pretty big, and we tried to meet someone who lives about 90 minutes by bus/train away, but we only got halfway there before we realized that we had taken the right bus, but at the wrong time, and it was going to take us an extra hour or so to get there.  That was the same day we had to catch the train to Munich too, so we ended up cancelling.  :( We'll be going back there on Thursday, though!

I figured out the photos!

Here are some from the MTC:

This might be my favorite picture.  It was taken on Bruder Toropainen's last day with us.  I'm in the corner, Elder Donald is between Sister Kramer and me.  Elder Bates is in the back, and Elder Carter is the one hugging Bruder Toropainen.  We love him (obviously).

Sister G!  (Mom, you can post this one and tag her in it.)


And this is Bruder Wilkinson.  He's not the biggest fan of photos, but he's a great teacher and we all love him!



And now: Tubingen!!!

This is one of my favorite parts of town.  I love the colors of the houses on the rivers. :)






I'd love to include more photos, but I'm running pretty short on time.  I've got some taken from the top of that church you can see in the background - I've created a dropbox account and my mom will have access to it. (Note from Mom: I'm having tech issues and can't seem to upload any of the new pics.  Grrr. Working on it!)

Other than catching up on all the photos, I've been having a pretty decent time.  I pushed myself a little hard and had a rough morning a few days ago, but I readjusted and bounced back.  Aunt Linda is totally right - if I want to progress, I need to be humble.  Not that I'm all prideful, but I'm setting my bar a bit high and I needed to lower it to better fit my situation.

Oh, fun story - the Ward Mission Leader here is an AMAZING musician. He's a great pianist.  We spent a train ride talking about how he rearranges songs on the piano, and I rearrange them vocally.  Then he asked for my vocal range and composed a song on the spot (Well, once we got to a piano) and it just so happened that he chose my favorite Primary song -  Love is Spoken Here. It was a beautiful arrangement and it made me really happy. :)

This week we've got a Zone Conference, so all the missionaries in the Stuttgart Zone will be meeting in Stuttgart, and we'll have a lesson over what the leaders learned in the MLC in Munich, then we'll have an activity of some sort.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Love you all loads!!

Sister Sally Priest

No comments:

Post a Comment