Monday, March 30, 2015
Easter week
As I sit here and look through my journal for an idea of what to write you guys about, I realize that I've been really slacking on the journaling...whoops.
I'm guessing since I don't have much written, that this week was fairly uneventful. I went on an exchange to Stuttgart this week with one of the Sisters serving there, and it was a nice refresher. Working/living/spending every waking and sleeping moment of the day with the same people or person (ya companions) gets really tiring. Having a different companion (and only one!) for the day was nice. I was exposed to different methods of contacting and teaching, I got a fresh opinion on my progress, and I learned a lot. Twas a good day.
Transfer calls come this week, but since I'm still being trained, I'll most likely stay here. We're not sure if/how they'll split up our drit. It all depends on how many new Sisters we get and what area needs new people.
So, Easter is coming and since I've been here, I've been helping spread the word of the Church's new Easter video. It's about 2 minutes long and can be found here; http://helives.mormon.org
I just watched it for the first time a few minutes ago (it came out on Saturday!) and it's beautiful. Nothing cheesy or over-religious about it. I really like it. :) Share it on Facebook and spread the word! All the missionaries and the rest of the church are trying to show this video to as many people as possible! And on Easter Sunday, ALL the ads on YouTube will be for this video. The Church bought them all out, guys! It's okay to hop on this bandwagon, yo! Have no fear! This message is joyful and welcoming, so why hold back? Go go go!
Enough of my excited rantings. Since I don't have a lot to write, I will post some pictures.
So our ward mission leader is named Bruder Hofmeister, which translates to Hope Master, or Master Hope (So how awesome is that??) and he's the greatest. He's unmarried with no kids and he's like a grandpa to us. Yesterday he took us to this castle near his sister's house and we took pictures.
This is Lichtenstein Castle. It's not actually in Liechtenstein, though so don't be fooled.
Behind that tower and the small bit behind it is this massive cliff. I wasn't able to get a picture of it because it was Sunday and the gates were closed, but the tower reminds me of Rapunzel and I love it.
From left to right: Myself, Sister Ahlm, and Sister Baugh. :)
That's all I've got for this week. Thanks everyone, for the encouragement, love and prayers. I love you all!
Tschuss!
Sister Sally Priest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment