Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Two weeks to go.....




"This sheep was fearless. It wanted our attention, so we gave it." 

Hey all!

We went out on a little tour of Preston this morning. I'm really glad I got to get out of the MTC. I won't lie to you guys-- this week has been really difficult. The main thing that's pushing me through the days is that I'm on my last leg of this stay. I've been here for a month and I only have 2 weeks left. This time in 2 weeks, I will be in Germany.

Part of what is so difficult about the MTC, for those who don't know, is the confinement. I can't just up and take a walk if I feel like it. I can rarely even leave this building. My entire day is scheduled for me, from the time I need to be up in the morning, to the time the lights need to be out at night. I live 16 hour days of constant learning, studying, practicing, sitting in the same room in the same desk with the same people, every day, without varying the schedule. I've been feeling very trapped and claustrophobic. I haven't been able to make many choices regarding my personal self. I don't get to choose what I want to eat, if I want to go up to my room and grab something, I need my companion to come with me. The only time I'm NOT with my companion is when I'm in the bathroom. It's foreign and intense and it's causing me to be rather depressed. 

This is very difficult. I hate asking this because I feel like it's a self-centered thing to do, but if you could keep me in your prayers, or maybe send me an encouraging email with a few words of kindness, that'd be awesome. I'm struggling to feel the love that I know is around me. It's not fun. While I'm sure I'll feel much better once I'm out of the MTC and I can go to Germany and actually walk around and be in the fresh air without having to return to dorm-style housing I have now-- to an actual apartment with my own kitchen, bathroom, etc,-- I still have 2 weeks here to go. It'll either go by very slowly, or very quickly. I'm praying for the latter.


On a brighter note, I AM finding little ways to creatively relieve my stress. I've been practicing my photography with some of the missionaries here, and, even though I have no way of editing them (AUGghhhhhhhh), I'm pleased with the raw photos and think I will enjoy the memories when I get the chance to edit them once I'm home. :)


Remember, have a good week! Try to find someone to serve! Write me something! If you feel like mailing me a hand-written letter, (I can get that ANY day; I only get emails on Wednesdays) the address is:

Sister Sally Priest
Missionary Training Centre
Temple Way
Chorley
Lancashire
England PR6 7EQ

So here's some stuff to look at!


It was really foggy one day and our MTC President told us to go take a walk to the temple to take pictures.

I really wish I could edit the lighting on these, but it's still pretty good. :)






These were fun to do. If you're ever feeling down, find someone to serve.  Service works wonders. :) 

Above: Elder Nielson, Elder Maw, and Elder Svzoboda. He's Swiss-German
Hungarian, speaks about 4 different languages, and is going to Greece. 


Experimenting with some macro shots:





 Above is a picture of a building in Preston and I know nothing about it, I just thought it was interesting and I liked what it said. Yup.
 "On Earth, there is nothing great but Man, in Man there is nothing great but Mind." 

No comments:

Post a Comment