Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Last Email from the MTC!




Sister Zhu decided I needed a cool photo of myself, as well. :) 



Guten Morgen, alles!

Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, aber Ich versuche.  Heute Morgen, gehe Ich zu em Temple! Es war ein schone Erfahrung. (***NOTE: until I, Sally's mom, figure out how to add German symbols such as umlauts, the German you see here is not completely correct. I will take time to do that later. )

Okay, that's all I'll give you in German for this week.  In future months, as I become more fluent, I'll be able to give more and laugh at the thought of what Google translate tells you I'm saying.

Anyways.  This week has been better than the last one.  It's still been difficult, but I'm making my way through it.  I'm still really sick of the MTC and I really just want to get out, but I have much more patience now compared to last week.  Thank you for all your support and prayers - I really appreciate it. That being said, this is still very difficult for me, and I would continue to ask for help.

I'm sorry this email is short.  I just don't have much to talk about because every week here is exactly the same.  Very little change in schedule, same people, same class, same same same.  It's very pretty here, and I'm able to find joy daily, it's just a little more difficult than usual.  I know things will get better and that I'll be more excited once I'm out of here.

Speaking of getting out of here, this is the last email you will receive form me while I'm in the MTC! I fly out of Manchester early next Wednesday. I'll be going to Munich, and that's where I'll find out where my first area is.  I'll be able to send my parents/close friends and family an email once I get to Germany, and I'll have my mom post on Facebook.

My mom told me that some of you are sending me letters. :) I really appreciate that and look forward to receiving them! Being able to open and hold a physical letter is so much nicer than reading one on a computer. Especially since I only have access to one once a week..  Letters I can keep and reread whenever I feel like it.

I'll leave you with a scripture and some photos.

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding an eternal weight of glory.  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen, for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. " - 2 Corinthians 4_ 14-18

Remember that the pains and struggles we feel are but a speck in the view of eternity.  All the hardships we go through in this life are given for the purpose of making us stronger and better, so that we may obtain the highest celestial glory in heaven.  All is not lost, all is not broken.  All is well.

Mit Liebt,

Sister Sally Priest


The beautiful Sister Zhu, who will be leaving for the England Manchester Mission next week. 

And I manage to find new flowers to take pictures of each time I walk around the grounds!



No comments:

Post a Comment