Monday, June 1, 2015

May 18
(This is the date it was actually written and sent.)

Alright, so this week has been:

Crazy
Fun
Exhausting
Rewarding
I'm  out of adjectives.

K, so I'm actually a bit sick today, so my thoughts are totally organized and I'm a bit out of it, but here's my shot at this weeks email:

So the crazy part of other week: Planning another baptism - one for an older lady who cannot walk unassisted, which makes getting her into baptismal clothes, getting into the font, completely under the water, out of the font, and then changed into dry clothes a little bit of a challenge.  Lucky for us, the member who referred her to us works at her nursing home and is qualified to help her with basically everything she needs.  She proved to be a HUGE help in figuring out how this baptism was going to work.  We had 3 people in the font with her.  They helped lower her under the water and raise her back up.  Then we got a stool in the water for her to sit on while we worked on closing off the baptismal area so we could get her privately and safely back up the stairs and into the bathroom, where we helped her get dressed.

Fun: I've been back in a drit all week, which has been interesting.  We made cookies with the American brown sugar that was sent my way (sorry, Germany, you win on chocolate, but the brown sugar prize goes to America) and that was a fun process in itself because our oven is super weird and each batch turned out completely different from the others! Tasted just fine (tasted like home...) but I wish I had thought to take pictures because the differences in appearance was comical.

Exhausting: I got sick!!! GAAHHH.  I ended up staying home and sleeping most of the day yesterday, and I'll probably end up sleeping most of this afternoon as well.  I'm slowly but surely getting better, but dang, it took a chunk out of me!

Rewarding: This week! Dang!  The baptism on Saturday was lovely. Frau Blasche has been waiting for this for over 50 years.  The relief and joy on her face was so --I can't even put a word to it --beautiful, so perfect, slightly tear-jerking, rewarding...I was so happy for her! We also have two new people who we are teaching, both of whom have some serious potential,.  We've only met with one of them once, but he already had a list of questions for us, all of which we were able to answer, and he seems to really understand what we teach and why it's important to know.  We have high hopes. :)

Sorry this week is a bit shorter than most.  This week will be the end of the transfer.  I'll be staying in Singen with Sister Smith. :)

Oh also , you guys, my mission is actually 1/4 of the way through already, which is totally crazy an weird to think about.

Here's a picture of the three of us (myself, Frau Blasche, and Sister Smith) on Saturday.




And here's a picture of a huge fly swatter (Thank you Elder and Sister Lee) that promptly shattered the first time I tried to use it on the huge mosquitoes that get in our house because we have no screens.

Ha ha ha have a great week guys! Feel free to respond :)

Liebe Grusse,

Sister Sally Priest

No comments:

Post a Comment