Alright, so last Monday, we climbed this big old hill to this big old 1100 year old castle and I took a whole bunch of photos and was very happy. I also met my old friend Humidity. I haven't seen Humidity for nearly 3 years now, and I didn't really miss it. BUT, this is Germany, and I'm teaching people about the most favorite thing in my life, so how much can I really complain?
Honestly, so much happened this week that I'm not entirely sure what to tell you. Nothing really exciting happened, I've just been really busy. Our area is pretty big, and sometimes it takes us a couple hours of buses and trains to get to a lesson.
Let me think.... On Monday-- I already told you what I did. Tuesday was a big travel day. We had a lot of lessons and probably spent about half our days on trains. Wednesday, we helped a lady in our ward move to her new apartment. It was a lot of work, but honestly, the physical labor was really relieving. I only get 30 minutes of exercise each day. That's right when I wake up, and, since I've had a cold all this week, a lot of my morning sport ended up being me wrapped in a blanket lying on the floor.... starting tomorrow, it should be more productive :)
Thursday was another long day of traveling and teaching.... Friday was pretty fun though! The Ward Mission Leader is in a band. Two, actually.... but one of them is made up of LDS people, so for May 1st (which is a holiday over here), we had this big Ward Dance night and he and his band played for us. It was way fun, and also a nice stress relief! Saturday and Sunday were also filled with lessons and travel.
This Friday, we'll be having a baptism for one of our investigators. Her name (which is fabulous) is Beauty Sunday! She comes from Nigeria and has been such an inspiration to me. She's had a really hard life and lives in a refugee home. She's very excited for this baptism (and so am I! She's the first person I've taught that I get to see get baptized!), and I'll make sure to send you guys pictures next week!
Speaking of pictures.....
I had some more fun with my manual focus. Sister Smith:
And Elder Jensen
Elders Caldwell and Jensen had the wonderful idea of climbing this 12 ft turret. Sister Smith and I walked away. 10 minutes later, we returned and they go "Uh, could you help us? We've been stuck up here for 10 minutes. Our phones and everything are on the ground and we can't get down." It made for a really great picture though. We love our Zone Leaders!
Lastly, both my companion and I were a bit sick this week. Neither of us were looking forward to weekly planning, so we decided to build a blanket fort. It definitely made a difference!
That's all I've got for this week! Tune in next week for baptism photos, more stories, and, of course, the thoughts of yours truly, Sister Priest.
OH, and I loved reading your replies :) I'm sorry if I don't have time to reply to you each individually, but seriously-- thanks for the support and kindness!
Bis nächste Woche!
Sister Sally Priest
No comments:
Post a Comment