My mission president wanted me to tell you five things.
1. I'm here
2. I'm well
3. They're treating me like gold
4. This is the best experience I've ever had in my life
5. Send money.
Hahaha, seriously though, it's really beautiful here and everyone is friendly. It's pretty great.
My P-days are on Wednesdays while I'm in the MTC. I'll be here for 6 weeks. I don't have a companion yet, but there's only one other sister here going to my mission, so I'm betting it's her, unless more people show up.
I BARELY made my connecting flight to England. The ground crew forgot that we were unloading at gate C80 in Newark, so they had already put the departing plane at the gate. We had to wait for a while in the plane while they moved the other one out of the way. I was seated with a bunch of old ladies, and when they found out I had a connecting flight to catch, they all started yelling and sreaming up the aisle, telling everyone to get out of my way. Being in the very back of the plane, it was very helpul, but also really funn. By the time I got to my next gate, they were boarding. They served us both dinner and breakfast though. It was all free. It was nice.
I've already been assigned as chorister, so that's fun. I just had an interview with a member of the MTC presidency. The current president is leaving this weekend and we'll be having a new one, but the counselors are staying. I met with one of the counselors for a sort of "get to know you" interview. He told me he was getting the impression that I was going to be a vital force in this district, as well as out in te field. He also told me that, when the Elders inevitably start goofing off and being irreverant or whatever, that I should be the one to tell them to quiet down. Ha. Hahahhaa. We'll see about that.
Side note-- these keyboards are weird and there's no autocorrect (AUGHHH), so I apoligize for any errors.
Side note-- these keyboards are weird and there's no autocorrect (AUGHHH), so I apoligize for any errors.
With Love,
Sister Sally Priest
Sister Sally Priest
No comments:
Post a Comment